Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Herb Garden







I'm growing an herb garden, and it's coming along quite nicely. I have thyme, parsley, dill, basil, cilantro, green onions, and a potato plant! The green onions and potato aren't herbs, obviously, but Andy and I just decided to stick what we bought from the store in the ground, and they grew!
Here are some pictures:


(I can't remember what I have growing in the little pink thing... I tried rosemary, but it didn't grow... this isn't rosemary though... hmmmm.........) (Wishing I knew how to combine these photos using iPhoto or other Mac program...)

I also got these "upsy downsy" (the alternative version to topsy turvy?) tomato and strawberry plants from Wal Mart for just $4 each! Talk about a steal!
Andy won't be able to go with us on the cruise. :( I am deeply saddened by this, because now he's jealous of us and gets mad whenever the subject is brought up. Ahh well, he's going to be able to go to his youngest brother, Shawn's graduation instead. I feel bad not going to Shawn's, but it's practically the same day as David's so I'm sure he'll understand.

Emma started drinking out of a sippy cup yesterday. Sort of... I filled it with water because I knew it would get everywhere. Come to find out, we're a little behind on the introducing of solids. I finally picked up What to Expect the First Year (I hardly read that thing! Definitely not as much as What to Expect When You're Expecting), and it said that we could move on to meat in this month! Meat! My baby girl is growing up so fast.
As of now, she liked bananas and applesauce, and some Gerber dry rice cereal that dissolves on the tongue. It's really fun feeding her, although we need to get a high chair. We've been feeding her in the exer-saucer and in my lap, but the exer-saucer is getting nas-ty! Thank goodness it's easy to clean.

Anyway, school is going well. We're on week 7 of 9 weeks so almost done, yay! What isn't fun is that I'll be starting a couple of new classes after we leave for the cruise, so I'm hoping the internet they have on board is up to par! Can you believe that Andy and my one year anniversary is less than a month away? Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment