The past couple of weekends Andy and I have been yard sale shopping. The first weekend, we snagged a beautiful baby bassinet for $20. It's open faced, solid wood and painted white. I can't wait to get the right bedding for it!
Speaking of which, I finally got around to registering at Target... It took forever and Charleston got the biggest thunderstorm while I was in there! It was very tiring but I did it... Hopefully Andy and I will get to register at Babies R Us tomorrow like we planned.
On that first weekend we also got a beautiful cherry wood desk on which I am blogging now. It came with a matching wood and leather swivel desk chair - $30 for both pieces!
This past weekend we found a surround system for $20. Now, I'm not usually the type of person to purchase electronics at garage sales... but Andy was intent on getting it, and who was I to say no for $20? So we tried it, and it worked! The boys were playing Halo on it and Emma started kicking it was so loud. It's very nice and now we have surround sound!
I also dragged him to a flea market. I literally had to drag him... I've been wanting to do this for a couple of weekends now. Boy, was he glad we did! The fairgrounds hosts a flea market every weekend, and let me tell you... This place never ended...
We were in dire need of art for the house, so we snagged 2 framed paintings for $25 each. One is a beautiful picture of a pair of magnolia flowers in a gold frame. The other is a lighthouse painting. I also decorated the bathroom for $18... Two framed boutiquey rose paintings and the lady through in a cute pot of fake, bunched roses.
Oh yeah, and the first weekend we got wall art for $20... One framed accent vertical piece that says 'Bistro' on it, and three small oil paintings of grapes for the kitchen. Que Magnifique!
Next things we need are bookshelves and dressers... It's hard to find nice, good quality ones of each. Craigslist is a good place to look. You just have to be very selective and have something in mind before you go shopping. Good luck!!!!
:)!
ReplyDelete