Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wild Rice and Chicken Casserole

I just made this tonight and it was so good that I thought I'd pass it along!

1 (6 oz.) package long-grain and wild rice
1/4 cup margarine
1/3 cup chopped onions
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 dash pepper
1 cup half and half
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups cubed, COOKED chicken
1/3 cup chopped parsley

Keep in mind that the chicken and rice have to be PREPARED before making this dish... The polite makers didn't let me in on that little tidbit.
Also, preheat the oven to 425. They seemed to leave that out as well. :)

Prepare contents of rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt margarine in large saucepan; add onion and cook over low heat until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in half-and-half and chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in chicken, parsley and cooked rice. Place in 2 quart casserole dish and BAKE, uncovered, in 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.


Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment