I am learning to enjoy my life. I have been concentrating on enjoying the moment for a while now, and on enjoying the love that Andy and I share.
There is a quote from the new MuteMath album, Armistice that stopped me cold in my tracks. It was something to the effect of, "love disregarded..." The message being, that every display of love needs to be nurtured and appreciated, for it is just one unaccepted display of affection that can send a couple down a very long fall.
Andy and I went to Barnes and Nobles yesterday, after a delicious dinner at Moe's. I got the personal trainer salad, which was good, although I wish they would have had something other than iceberg lettuce. At B&N I started reading French Women For All Seasons. It taught me to really appreciate where I am in life and to learn to find pleasure in the everyday things. Things like taking a shower, for instance. This afternoon I had the most enjoyable shower I have had in a long time.
Take 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar (I used apple cider) and apply to the scalp after cleansing but before moisturizing (conditioning). I lit a pomegranate candle and, oh! It was so nice! :)
I'm going to try some of these recipes. Andy and I talked about it and he's going to go through some of the recipes on the website and compile a menu he would like to try, and then I'm going to make them! :) It will be so much fun.
I have been feeling so badly lately, Andy and I have been sick all week with a really, really bad cold. We're still getting over it. Plus, we kind of ran out of food. :( Andy will get paid at midnight Monday morning so we're at the end of it, but all of this cruddiness was really making me feel down!
Thank God for the French.
Or not French... but those who take the time to taste. Those with a discernment for the finer things in life. It is these things that give us pause, that make us sigh. It is these things that make life worth living.
Yay for the French!
ReplyDelete