I haven't written in a long time, but I think it's time to pick up the habit again. I have a little time on my hands today. Today was the last time I will ever go to Smart E Pants daycare on business again. It seems silly, I shouldn't have gotten so emotional over it. Elizabeth only went there for 2 months (minus 2 weeks for Christmas break). Still, she left an impression. Miss Abby, her teacher, says that they talk about her every day. She said that she misses her when she's not around. It's things like these that made me a basket case today when I had to drop off our last payment and pick up her things.
It seems so silly. I never wanted to put my kids in American daycare, especially this one. It looked dingy from the outside and the staff did not leave me with the easiest feeling at first. Her teacher was great, but I will never forget Miss ____, who would always make Lizzie cry and she would never stay with her to eat breakfast because she hated her so much. She would ask us at home if she would have to be with Miss ___ and we would tell her no. Even though she loved Miss Abby, as a whole she is happier going to our friends' house. She gets to be in a home environment and play with her friend, Katie. It is better for her, and in the end her happiness is all that matters. She would dread going to daycare, asking us at home, "Do I have to go to daycare tomorrow?" Poor baby. Now she cries when we pick her up because she doesn't want to leave her friend's house!
I must be PMSing. There is seriously no other reason why I should have gotten so emotional about leaving Smart E Pants (I realize the name of the daycare makes my plight seem all the more trite), but I did.
I've been writing during my second period class at the school about what I witness in the classroom. I am considering publishing it as a book titled "Inside America's Classrooms - What Really Goes On" It's a good thing that I get to be a part of two classrooms - one who has excellent classroom management techniques, and the other one who is not so good. I get so frustrated witnessing the latter classroom that I have decided to write about it. After all, I have to have something to laugh about later.
No comments:
Post a Comment