Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Prayer for the Future

I am having a really hard time with this moving thing.  Yes, I am happy that Andy is no longer working his old job, and, yes, I am happy that he is finally able to get an opportunity to play football.  With that being said, this move is going to be harder for me than I originally thought for the following reasons:

1) Friends.  We moved to this neighborhood in May of 2013 and I have been so blessed with so many friendships.  I have never been in a neighborhood like this that schedules regular playgroups and events and is so kind and open.  They are a real resource and source of companionship and friendship.  I will miss them dearly.
2) Fingers on the Move - I just started teaching piano in March and after five short months have to tell my students that I am moving and end it all.  This was my baby!  I had grown to six students every week and was about to get three more this month.  I run the risk of appearing unprofessional and it severely stunts the growth of the business.  I have already had to turn down several people who were interested in starting at the start of the new school year.  Yes, many of them have said that if we come back that they will continue with me, but these kids are close to my heart and I hate to let them down.
3) Our house - This was our first house and we hardly had enough time to enjoy it.  I love having our home that is right next to the elementary school (that I hope Emma will be able to go to next year 2015-2016), and the playground.  I love the walking trails next to the large ponds (small lakes) and how the fountains look when they're lit up at night.

I know we are giving this up for a season for the promise of something greater.  I know that Andy was made to coach football.  It is in his blood.  I pray and hope that he is able to shine this year even though he is only the associate defensive coach.  I hope that he is not overshadowed and that this can open up new doors.  And I sincerely hope and pray that with the end of this school year and the accomplishment of his full accreditation that he will find an opportunity to teach in the Dallas area.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment