I am sitting in the hospital. It is Friday night. We will probably not get discharged until Sunday morning. I want to take this time to gather some of my thoughts into a memory. Andy is spending the night at home with Emma tonight, so it's just me and Elizabeth!
She is so amazing. Definitely different than Emma. Everything about her is different, and yet I see some similarities. I see some Lorenz in her (my mother's family), and Andy says that she looks like Stephanie when she was a newborn. She was 9 lbs. 2 oz. - my exact birthweight! She has very long fingers with very dainty fingernails and a very small mouth. :) She is lying under the blue LED lights right now and looks sooo comfy... like she was in a tanning bed!
It is nice for things to be quiet and for me to be away from home so that I can actually write, but I feel lonely at the same time. Why is it that we always want what we can't have? When people are here you think about how you are tired and want to sleep, yet when they leave you wish you weren't alone. We humans are puzzling creatures.
I've been reading Sherlock Holmes and it's very good. I'll probably read some more in a second, as I've run out of things to write.
No comments:
Post a Comment