I have decided not to go back to school and to possibly not pursue the Early Education degree. I simply do not feel like this is the right time for me to be going back, nor am I sure that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. The orientation class was stressful enough, and that was only one week. I do not think that I would be able to do it, with all the student teaching requirements, field experience, and lectures, while having a newborn and a toddler to take care of and potentially moving in September in VA and then again to CA whenever Andy gets out of the Navy (in about a year). I do not think it would be wise to start something if I cannot foresee finishing it, since the standards are so different from VA to CA.
Anyway, now that that is behind me, I want to write down some things that I will remember about Emma before our lives are forever changed by the coming of her wonderful sister, Elizabeth!
I love cuddling with Emma to go to sleep. She always puts her arms around my neck and our cheeks touch until she goes to sleep. I used to think that quitting nursing would be impossible, but found that it was just this closeness that she needed.
She likes to spin around in circles until she falls down.
Whenever she gets her "Surprised face" she looks around to see everyone else do it in the room and then erupts into laughter.
She loves the Disney princesses and exclaims how they are, "So pretty!"
She loves Ni Hao Kai Lan.
We watch Youtube videos (it used to be NHKL, until the TV was moved to her room) before we go to bed. The favorite is her Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and when the star and the owl hold hands and start playing in the clouds she always looks down and clasps her hands together.
She loves Andy and Nanna and I very much and always says, "I TOO," which means, "I love you, too!"
She loves bubbles.
She loves clothes and shoes. One of her favorite words is, "Shoes!"
She loves the water, the pool, and rocks.
She loves eating rice and the marshmallows out of Lucky Charms, not together. :)
She has started to become more photogenic by smiling and posing for the camera.
She is talking soo much now... I feel like I can have real conversations with her!
I feel like I should tie up this list. Add anything you want to remember about Emma right now!
Emma loves the phone, but hangs up on me quite often. I love her chattering.
ReplyDelete