Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ode to My Husband

Dear Andy,

Thank you for all the things you do just giving us a foundation to rest upon. I know that you are in lots of pain all the time, and I think the thing that hurts me most is that there is nothing I can do about it. I hate the Navy and what they have done and are still continuing to do to you, but they have also given us a great opportunity. Thank you for seeing that opportunity and pushing through even when the going gets tough. I'm going to school right now with the intention of helping out once the kids are old enough to go to school. Emma, Nick, and I love you very much. You are the rock on which we stand. You are so funny and lovable. I love hearing your jokes and just cuddling with you to watch a movie. Thank you for talking with me even when you're tired, and pushing yourself to go out when I've been at home all day just to make me happy. I'm sure there are other things you would rather be doing, like relaxing, but I really appreciate our time together.
You are always on time, you hardly ever complain, and you still manage to keep everyone on the boat laughing and in a good mood. How do you do it when you're feeling so crummy? Even though we don't have a lot of time to spend together, you still took me out for dinner just us on my birthday. It was so nice to not have to worry about Emma the whole time (even though I don't mind at other times) and to just focus on you and enjoying the evening. As soon as you get out of the Navy, we are going to fix whatever is wrong with your hernias and make sure it gets done right. Nobody should have to live with the amount of pain you experience, no one. You deserve to live life to the fullest. You deserve to enjoy yourself. I hope that you can play football at UT when you get out, and I look forward to remodeling a house with you. I hope that we can communicate our ideas and wants and know when to compromise and when something is truly important.
Thank you for being a wonderful father. For filling in for me when you're home so that I can take a shower or cook or get something else done. You do so much already. From Charleston to Virginia and everyone in between I have loved you and continue to love. You mean so much to me. Thank you for staying strong.

<3
Your Wife

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! Crying now...crying. That was so heartfelt and I am SO proud of my little brother. :) Love you both (and Emma and Nick)

    ReplyDelete