So, sometime recently Emma turned 2 months. The days are starting to blend together now, I look outside and wonder if it is dusk or dawn. I start thinking about getting ready for bed and then look at the clock - it's 8:24 AM.
I have a beautiful daughter who just loves mommy! She loves me so much, in fact, that she has to be held by mommy about 20 hours a day. I'm not complaining, I love my little girl. It just makes it hard to do other things, such as keep the house clean (it is an absolute WRECK right now!!!), do my schoolwork (I am keeping things up there, thanks to Andy taking Emma when he gets home), and, oh I don't know, taking a shower?
Today I have set myself to clean the house. This would have normally been an easy task. Just buckle down and it. But now, I can barely get the sheets off the bed before I hear Emma crying to be held. Which is ok! I know there will be a day when she won't want to be held so I am cherishing these moments. (It's just that we don't have any clean glasses and I'm running out of underwear...)
Ahhh, but newborn bliss. Is there anything else like it?
Do you have a bouncer? That's what I'd put Riley in and she loved it. And I was able to shower and get things done. Also, try a sling or something:) So that way she's close to you but you can wash dishes and what not!
ReplyDelete