Some days it seems like everyone around me is wayy more motivated to do this mom thing than I am.
The problem is that I am overstretched with responsibilities. This doubling up on classes thing is making me crazy. I wrote down every single assignment and when it was due in my planner at the beginning of these two classes. That worked fine for the first week, until I lost it. We are in week 3 of classes now and I still haven't found it. It makes me crazy. I will do my homework think it is all done, and then log on the next day to see that I missed something that was due in the other class. I do not like this. I am good at school, but the communication is off.
On top of that, my piano lesson business is going great, and I really love doing it. Andy says I should quit, but there is no way I can do that now. There are kids who are depending on me, plus I love teaching and I love music. So that's staying.
Then I have to be a mom and I have been really bad at that lately. Emma is so petite it worries me, I need to buy her Pediasure. I took the girls to the park today to meet a girl that used to go to SCCS in the class behind me (totally random, I know!), and I didn't even bring a water bottle for my kids. We were all thirsty. It seems like every other mom remembers to bring water bottles and then I have to tell my kids to wait until we get home. When am I going to get this right?
Then we have this puppy. Who poops and pees in her cage all the time. I told Andy that I didn't want a dog because I knew that I would be the one having to take care of it. Emma wanted a dog, and Andy wanted to get one for the kids. I knew what would happen, so I didn't let it happen for the longest time. Then, we were on a date and Andy decides to take me to the pet store (which is totally unfair and leading). We meet some puppies and I fall in love with a beautiful cream french bulldog. Totally unfair. She just lays on my chest the entire time and is so calm, she melted my heart. When we left I was crying in the car because I wanted her so bad, so we decided to get her. Fast forward three months, and she is the most hyper thing that poops and pees in her cage almost daily. Andy usually helps, but he's been sick all week so it's only been me. When they are puppies you have to take them out more often, and it seriously is like the straw that broke the camel's back.
Then I have this project I'm working on for my dad. Then I have to, you know, keep the house clean from the two tornadoes that live in this house (three, if you count the dog), make meals and stuff. Most of the time I don't know what to do because I cannot prioritize. Is school more important? Making money? Feeding my family? It sounds ridiculous, but I am seriously going insane. I need like a live-in nanny or something. Most of the time, when deciding what to tackle, I am like a deer in the headlights because I realize that there is no way I can possibly do everything I need to do perfectly, so I lose the will to do it at all. Perks of being a perfectionist.
Most of the time it just comes down to whatever has a deadline, and that is usually school. Walking the dog helps me get exercise, and I like taking the girls to do fun things as well. I don't want them to spend their whole childhood's watching TV and playing with iPads and Leappads. I'm sure we will all be fine in the end, I just need to get through school and then things will start to balance out and calm down.
No comments:
Post a Comment