I'm taking some time out of my day right now to make a blog post because I simply do not make enough of them. I want to make sure that I leave as many mementos as possible to remember this time in my life because I know what a treasure it is. I just started my English class yesterday. The reading that I have to do for it weighs on me, but I have already gotten most of it done and I feel a little better about it. Isn't it funny how we can build a task up in our minds as impossible until we just buckle down and do it? Suddenly it becomes manageable as your mind breaks it up into easier, manageable tasks. The power of the mind is overwhelming.
Andy and I cannot wait to get into our new house! It is all we think about, and the topic comes up quite a lot. We'll be hanging out, trying to keep our minds on something else when someone will blurt out, "I can't wait to get into the house!!!!" Emma keeps asking to go to Mommy and Daddy's house and I have to explain to her that someone else is living there and we can't go just yet. She is a good girl and is learning to be patient. Lizzie, in her own way, says, "House!!!"
I am enjoying this class more than I thought I would. What originally started as a class that I had no interest in, I am now looking forward to the reading. It reminds me of my days as a child when I was a voracious reader. I still love to read, but I hardly ever read fiction on my own. I feel like I am wasting time when there is so much "knowledge" to be gained in other types of literature. I think that as I get older I will be able to find more time for fiction, for there is a different type of value in well-written fiction.
I don't know if anyone reads this any more, and if you do, thank you! Emma and I just uploaded a video on Youtube that you can watch if you want. It's us seeing "See the Light" from Disney's Tangled. It's nothing fancy, just something we did on the fly. It's not percet, but I like the way it turned out. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGBk4TuYZs
No comments:
Post a Comment