I am trying to stay positive. I know that this move will be good for us in the long run. I have to set aside what I want and whatever preconceived notions I had for my life. The funny thing is that I have a major hunch that's what's coming is going to be better. It's just hard to leave family. When I joined the Navy, I always kind of assumed that I would be coming back after I got out, but life isn't as simple as that.
We are moving to Texas. After two short months in California, we are moving. The job situation with Andy working for my Dad didn't work out and Andy is accepting a position in Dallas. We are very excited. At the same time, though, I feel very sad for my Dad. The last thing I would want to do is upset him or disappoint him. It is even more hard when you add grandkids into the mix, because you can only be one place at once. We have Andy's family in Texas and mine in California, but it seems like we'll be able to come out to California and visit a lot with Andy's new job. I need to move forward and stop looking behind. As much as I had wanted this to work, I could also see how it wasn't the best fit for Andy. Here's to moving forward!
No comments:
Post a Comment