For those of you who haven't heard (although I don't know many people reading this who haven't heard yet), we are moving to Virginia! Andy got his orders to the USS Newport News stationed in Norfolk, VA. We leave early Tuesday morning. The packers came Friday and we are just waiting around until Monday for them to load it up, and then we can leave!
I will be so glad to be out of here... A week ago I was going through a little emotion where I thought that I would miss this place, but those days are long gone now. I am very ready to be done and in a place with normal people again. A place with sidewalks and crosswalks would be good. Oh, and can we make it not so hot and humid?!! Thanks!
I will miss the friends that we have made. Valerie, our photographer from Richard Bell Photography. I was just looking at our wedding slideshow and was just so thankful that we had such a fun and exciting photographer. She's taken multiple trips to Germany to learn German and she just inspires me!
Our next door neighbors, Ben and Amanda Wade, have been an effervescent blessing. It was so fun to have fun people to hang out with right next door! It reminded me of being a kid again and just going down your neighborhood and knocking on the door to see if your friends could play. And Emma loves Amanda... We probably could have gotten away with her babysitting but I was always too afraid to ask!
Then there's all of Andy's friends from work and their families... Not to mention the friends I met while I was working. Most of them have moved on to other bases and we have already said our goodbyes, but you are always meeting people in this business. I like that, it keeps things fresh.
Even though we didn't get Hawaii like we were hoping, I am looking forward to making my home in Virginia. It seems like such an old-fashioned, colonial place to live! They have this thing for mermaids... Apparently there's a mermaid festival and parade? Fun times! Maybe these Virginians will have a lot to offer!
No comments:
Post a Comment