
City Lights Coffee

Sermet's Corner
Tonight we went downtown with Roger and Kayla, a couple from the nuke program. We all had a lot of fun. We ate at Sermet's and then had coffee for dessert at City Lights. It was fun to just go downtown and enjoy other people's company. I'm really glad that I've lasted this long, considering that I started dilating 3 weeks ago! Now, if I can just hold out through Monday so that I can see my Aunt... She's coming out for a business trip and it would be the perfect opportunity to see her. I'm sure I would still see her if Emma came, though.
I think my mom wants to be here for the birth. She doesn't get here until Thursday, but she sounded nervous on the phone. It's so funny! I love her.Anyway... I had this amazing parmesan encrusted salmon with the most de-li-cious mashed potatoes (that's basically what we go to Sermet's for...). And I tried cold cucumber soup. It was basically a plain yogurt soup with chunks of cucumber and cilantro... It would have been better if I didn't have it on an empty stomach. It ended up giving me a stomach ache. :(
Oh, and their bread was a-ma-zing... I don't know what they put in the olive oil... but it really brought out some amazing flavor. Kayla got what I got last time, which was the lavender pork tenderloin = delicious.
Hmmmm... Life is good. Last night Andy and I went on a date to Red Lobster and then we saw Zombieland. I VERY HIGHLY recommend Zombieland!!! It is such a good stress buster! I mean, it was good... It wasn't cheezy at all and actually had a cute love story. You should all go see it!
Anyway, that's what's been happening lately. Tomorrow we have church and then we're having Sam and his wife over for football. We invited the Jones' (Roger and Kayla) too, but we'll see if they come.
The thing I appreciate about them is that they are careful to commit to something. A lot of the other guys who aren't married just say they will come over and do things and then don't commit to actually doing it. Then we end up planning for many more people! It's just rude. I think there is a certain amount of maturity that comes with being married.
Anyway, how has your weekend been so far?
No comments:
Post a Comment